Short Game Description
In the forest outside of town, four friends discover a mysterious black pool that transports them to an unknown world. To fight their way home, they must unlock and master supernatural abilities. Play cooperative or solo in this high-paced action game of skill that varies each session.
Early Access Game Features
- The fully developed playthrough sequence, allowing the game to be played start to finish in both single player and multiplayer up to 4 players.
- 8 unique worlds, 6 of which are utilized in the random portion of the playthrough sequence.
- 29 unique levels which dynamically adjust based on procedural selection.
- 7 different elemental schools (Fire, Light, Ice, Decay, Terra, Wind, Lightning) consisting of 42 unique abilities.
- 77 unique upgrades for the various abilities.
- 12 upgradeable device powers which enhance player progression across playthrough attempts.
- 31 unique enemies, including 8 unique multi-stage boss encounters.
- Musical score consisting of 6 dynamically arranged tracks which progress with the playthrough sequence, and 7 shuffled music tracks for the Temple hub world.
- 2 multi-tier endgame challenge modes (3 options for each).
Recovery for disconnected/uncompleted playthrough sessions in both single and multiplayer.
Images with transparency are denoted by being placed on graph paper.
About the developers
The Black Pool was developed by two people. Mike and Matt meet in highschool 25 years ago. They quickly became good friends, sharing a passion for games, LAN parties and music. While life took them to very different parts of the world, they always made time to find and play a good co-op game.
They have now both left their industry jobs to full time develop their dream co-op game: The Black Pool.