Short Game Description
In this city builder and tower defense game, you will command a small band of ship wrecked colonists. Progress from struggling to survive the elements to a thriving kingdom that will smash the demon hordes that dare attack your settlement.
- 6 unique islands to colonize
- Full day/night and seasonal cycles
- Rapid generational growth of the colony
- Dozens of buildings that can improve the lives and productivity of the citizens or produce resources
- Job management system allowing the player steer what the colonists prioritize working, without having to micro manage
- Research system allowing unlocking of new technologies and bonuses
- A mazing focused tower defensive system
- A selection of base defensive towers that can be altered by elemental gems, yielding a huge inventory of towers and possible strategies
- Unique elemental synergy and nullification system that pushes a deep defensive strategy
- Over a dozen races of attacking enemies with have unique attributes and abilities (With many levels for each of these races)
- A tutorial system that will get the player started and provide helpful hints along the way.
Images with transparency are denoted by being placed on graph paper.
About the developer
I’m Mike, the solo developer of Exodus Borealis. I’ve always been passionate about creating and games. When getting my Comp Sci degree, I found myself gravitating and focusing on graphical programming. Upon graduation, I was unhappy with the conditions and treatment I was seeing for entry level game development positions. I didn’t want an earnings focused employer to kill my passion for designing and building games. So, I took a programming job outside of the games industry, vowing to return when I could do development on my own terms.
It may have taken a while, but after 15 years of work, I quit my job to independently develop games full time. After 18 months of blood, sweat, and tears, I now set to meet my goal of releasing my dream strategy game – Exodus Borealis!